Have you ever met someone who seems so open and sincere with everyone that they’re just easy to be around? These kinds of people more often than not have a balanced sacral chakra. Located just under the navel, the sacral chakra is represented by the color orange. This chakra is known as the seat of your emotions, and it governs your sexuality, the sense of abundance and pleasure.
Why a healthy sacral chakra is crucial…
A healthy sacral chakra may help you become open and accepting to change, make it possible for you to be a good lover, give you the passion you need to follow through things in life, be in touch with all your emotions and more. You are also more likely to be confident and won’t have a problem with life’s difficulties, handling them as they come. In addition, you may be enviably passionate when it comes to living your best life, and you’re the life of the party wherever you go.
An unhealthy sacral chakra may be seen in one of two ways. First off, if you have a weak sacral chakra, you may be the kind of person who goes along just for the sake of doing so, and you may have mastered the art of slithering under the radar, not wanting to be seen. You may also be very passive and not want to participate in life; this may go as far as you developing some kind of fatigue condition. You may also find it hard to finish projects and suffer from a diminished sex drive.
If on the other hand you have an overactive sacral chakra, you may come off as too controlling or demanding. Sexual indiscretions and addictions may stalk you for a long time, and you may come off clingy and emotionally unstable, choosing to explode in anger when confronted by a problem instead of being calm and reacting in a logical manner. You may have unreasonable expectations that you project on other people, asking too much from them at any given time.
Here are a few tips you can use to balance and heal your sacral chakra:
- Consider doing some hip-opening yoga exercises every so often to help the energy around this area move around and redistribute itself.
- Drink lots of water to flush your kidneys, liver and large intestine, keeping the organs connected to this chakra in prime condition at all times.
- Surround yourself with orange in the form of orange candles, curtains, bedroom furnishings and clothes.
- Dance by yourself or with friends every chance you get; this will help you get rid of your inhibitions which will help you increase the flow of prana in your sacral region.
- Eat lots of coconut, strawberries, melon, oranges and mandarins.
- Let go of any hurt, people, emotions, memories and injustices visited upon your person since the emotions tied around these issues have the potential to cause energy blockages for extended periods of time.
- Connect with others, and don’t be afraid of giving and receiving affection.
Balancing your sacral chakra can go a long way in ensuring that your body’s systems work in tandem.